Time is ticking and even in Hollywood time is money, surely?
Solo: A Star Wars Story was exPected to drop the first ever trailer late last week or this Monday. Instead, Disney and Lucasfilm released a rather unsatisfying synopsis which revealed absolutely nothing that fans hadn’t already assumed, simply settting up Han’s meetings with Chewbacca and Lando.
The Last Jedi was the first Star Wars movie to suffer a major social media backlash and it looks like fans are warming up to do the same to the Anthology spin-off.
Although many comments are warning that the lack of a trailer or even any images so far is sparking concerns of a major flop, a lot of energy seems to be going into being amusing than attacking the beloved franchise. For now.
HERE ARE THE TOP 19 TWEETS ABOUT THE HAN SOLO TRAILER
1. “No trailer for Solo A Star Wars Story even though the film is due soon, but we got an “detailed” synopsis that boils down to “see how young Han Solo met Chewbacca and Lando”, not inspiring at all.”
2. “My new Star Wars fan theory is that the Han Solo movie doesn’t exist. Someone deleted it from a Disney hard drive and now they’re stalling for time.”
3. “What stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder decided to make us wait all day for the Han Solo trailer??”
4. “It would appear Han Solo lied about the Kessel Run, he can’t even get a trailer out in less than 160000000 par secs.”
5. “Did Kylo kill the Han Solo trailer too?”
6. “At this point, I think the first Han Solo trailer will be shown in theatres before the Han Solo movie starts.”
HAN SOLO TRAILER: TWO MAIN REASONS IT IS DELAYED – WILL IT BE HELD BACK FOR SUPER BOWL 2018?
7. “At this rate, the Han solo trailer will be shown with the movie’s home Blu-ray release.”
8. “I’m tired of seeing Alden Ehrenreich’s face copied and pasted onto Harrison Ford’s old Han Solo pic. Disney Lucasfilm can you at least give us a picture of him? God forbid we ask for a trailer to a movie that comes out in 4 months.”
9. “Han Solo movie is out in four months and still no trailer, not even a teaser. Four. Months. And they’re doing reshoots. I have a bad feeling about this…”
10. “They’re going to HAVE to delay the Han Solo film. There’s no f***ing way that they can release it in May with this little publicity.”
11. “Isn’t the Han Solo movie coming out in like 4 months? I just realized there hasn’t even been a trailer or anything yet. This movie is going to suck, isn’t it?”
12. “I am sure all is well with the Han Solo spin-off. It’s not like it’s out in 4 months and there’s not been a trailer or official picture.”
13. “WHERE IS THE HAN SOLO MOVIE TRAILER I’M AGING HERE.”
14. “To quote Greedo ‘Oona Goota Solo’ or in English ‘where is the promised Han Solo trailer?’
15. “If/When we finally get a Han Solo trailer I hope that it is backed by Jason Derulo’s Ridin’ Solo. If not, I don’t think I will see the movie… on opening weekend.”
16: “The Han Solo movie supposedly comes out in 4 months and we’ve not even had the first trailer yet. I’m concerned.”
17. “Four months away from debut, Solo is finally getting a trailer. I understand (but do not entirely agree) with the negative criticisms of each Disney era Star Wars movie, but I have a feeling that Solo will be the first genuinely bad one.”
18. “Han Solo is my favorite character but I just don’t care about Solo?? Anyone other than Harrison as Han doesn’t feel right, sorry.”
19. “Disney, a synopsis is all fine and good, but how about a trailer?!??”
SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY IS OUT IN CINEMAS ON MAY 25
Powered by Viva WORLD View